Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Grass Roots"- a painting from 2008

This is an acrylic painting that I did in 2008. It is of me when I was 5 years old at the "catfish pond" with my "Pop", and brother, Josh. It seems like yesterday....
God has always led the way when things went right. I have never had to look hard to find where His will for me is located. It's when I start trying to "save the world" in my own way or totally get off track that I fall on my face. The most refreshing moments are the small ones that present them self and do not appear newsworthy to others, but bring the presence of God to me and to the person He has the moment intended for. There are no closer times than those, when I know God came near and used an unworthy vessel like me. Refreshing, like good sweet tea in a plain mason jar. If you look at my paintings, the one of my grandfather holding me on the edge of the catfish pond is one of those moments. The time he invested in me was so plain and simple, yet gave me the confidence I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment